After several months of intense work, LABCITIES is launching Questions & Answers, a crowdsourced knowledge base for smart city lovers and urban innovators to exchange professional expertise across 5 smart city domains:
• Government and Society: public administration, smart democracy, open data, civic tech, citizen participation, privacy, etc.
• Urban Mobility: public transport, traffic management, ride sharing, autonomous vehicles and smart parking, etc.
• Internet of Things: connected home, wearables, smart buildings, monitoring and surveillance, etc.
• Sustainability and Environment: smart energy and water, clean tech, waste disposal and recycling, etc.
• Smart Economy: sharing economy, finance, retail, travel, art and entertainment, etc.
Questions & Answers is the perfect place for building on knowledge, sharing your viewpoints and opinions with the world's largest smart city community, and being recognized for it.
You can upvote and downvote the best questions and answers to increase their visibility, and also invite other experts to answer your favorite questions by sending them a response request.
As you contribute to the site, an algorithm will automatically calculate your score in each of the above domains of expertise, taking the following data into account:
• Every question posted in the last 6 months
• Every answer posted in the last 6 months
• Every received upvote and downvote, forever
• Every answered question when requested by another user, forever
Thus, by gaining more credibility and prestige in a particular topic, you can reach the following reputation levels and earn a new badge: Novice, Expert, Master, Guru and Thought Leader.
Share your knowledge, show your smart city skills!
We encourage you to read our policies in full, but here are some highlights of what’s changed:
• We restructured our General Terms and Conditions of Use to make them more concise and to better explain our customers’ and users’ rights. LABCITIES is a community made up of our members and these updated policies allow us to enforce action against those members that violate what’s acceptable.
• We updated the Privacy and Cookies Policy to comply with the new requirements under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into effect on May 25, 2018.
• We added more detail about some of the features we offer and how they make use of the information we collect, why we store it, and how you can request that your information is updated, corrected, or deleted.
We know you put your trust in us every time you use LABCITIES and we strive to earn that trust every day by putting you first.
We’re also making new changes to our platform to help you understand and control your privacy choices on LABCITIES, and we will do our best to keep providing you with relevant smart city content, projects, events and more. Stay tuned for some very exciting news coming in the next weeks!
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns, and thank you for being part of LABCITIES.